Electrical engineering is a field of engineering that generally deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism. The field first became an identifiable occupation in the late nineteenth century after commercialization of the electric telegraph and electrical power supply. It now covers a range of subtopics including power, electronics, control systems, signal processing and telecommunications. There are equally good opportunities for jobs in electrical engineering industry and higher education. There is lot of multidisciplinary research for developing electric vehicles with great funding and scope all over there world. On the same time good opportunities back home in industry.
The three years Diploma course educates the students to acquire their knowledge and skill in the areas of :
- Operation and maintenance of Electrical machines.
- Machine installation and commissioning Domestic & Industrial wiring.
- Design & Layout of workshop.
- Erection of substation & power equipments.
- Fault analysis.
As a preindustrial activity the students are gurded to integrate their knowledge and skill through innovative project works.
Major Subjects Taught
- Circuit Theory.
- Electrical measurement & measuring.
- Generation, Transmission & Distribution of Electric power.
- Electrical Machines.
- Power Electronics.
- Electrical Installation & Estimating.
- Utilization of Electrical Energy.
- Switchgear & protective Device.
- Control system Engineering etc.